Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wild Pacific Salmon Wrap

I happened to be in the area of Trader Joe's around lunchtime, so I decided to grab something to eat. While browsing the sandwiches and wraps, I noticed something I hadn't seen there before. A Wild Pacific Salmon Wrap, that comes with Tzatziki Sauce, Lettuce and Diced Tomato. I love salmon, but I never liked any variety that comes from a can. But, the other sandwiches and wraps I normally get were already wiped out for the lunch rush, so I figured I would give it a shot.

I LOVE Tzatziki sauce, but I was worried about the quality that I would be getting. I was very pleased to find the sauce to be of good quality, with a surprisingly fresh taste. The taste was a bit strong, but it actually complemented the salmon perfectly. So much so, that it didn't even really have that "canned" taste I despise so much.

The only thing I did not like, was the fact that the Tzatziki sauce had formed a thick layer on the side of the wrap (which gave it a thick cheese spread like consistency). I think this is due to a combination of two minor issues. The sauce being too thick, and the wrap being stored at a temperature that's too cold, so I would suggest warming it slightly in the microwave before eating, or leaving it at room temperature for a bit. Other than that, I was very pleased with the quality and taste, and for $3.99 it's definitely worth buying. Even if it were priced at $6.99, I would happily buy it as a regular lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment