Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Buffalo Jerky

I recently tried Trader Joe's Sweet & Spicy Buffalo Jerky, which I purchased a few weeks ago for $5.49 (which for four ounces I think is a complete bargain). I was pleased to see buffalo jerky being offered for two reasons: I love the taste of buffalo, and buffalo is much healthier than beef. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that this jerky had less than half as much sodium as standard jerky products.

The jerky had the perfect texture. It was not at all gristly, but it was still sliced thin and had a very authentic jerky texture. The taste was also pleasantly surprisingly. Sweet & Spicy jerky often seems to only offer one of those two flavor experiences. Although this jerky wasn't very spicy (though I do have high tolerance for spice), I thought the seasoning was the perfectly complement to the sweet flavoring the jerky offered. I can honestly say this is one of the 5 best jerky products I have ever tastes (and I have had hundreds), and this will definitely be a regular purchase from this point forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment