Monday, November 26, 2012

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread

Fall is one of my favorite seasons, and not for the obvious reasons like the cool weather or falling leaves. No, I love the fall because of fall flavors, like apple and sweet potato, and most importantly, pumpkin. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm one of "those people" that goes absolutely pumpkin crazy, and absolutely *must* try every pumpkin enhanced food product available.

I've had pumpkin cream cheese before, but only the homemade variety (cream cheese mixed with pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice) and the seasonally available pumpkin flavor from Philadelphia Cream Cheese. So I was thrilled to see that Trader Joe's offers it's own variety, especially at the fair price of $2.99. On closer inspection I realized that it's not quite "cream cheese" it's "cream cheese spread. Because it's a spread, the consistency is not the same, and it's not particularly thick.

I still loved the flavor of the spread, but the consistency was more like a cross between yogurt and cream cheese, which wasn't all that appealing on my standard bagel medium. And my tub seemed to have quite a bit of separation, but I believe this may be due to the fact that mine had a date that was only a few days away (even though I opened it the day I brought it home). I will definitely give this item another chance when I can come across one with a better date, and I will find other ways to use what I have left, but I suggest that anyone that plans to buy it makes sure to check the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment