Friday, November 23, 2012

Gummy Tummies Penguins

I may have no interest in alcohol or drugs, but I do still have my vices, namely gummy candy. So between that and my love for the ever adorable penguin, it did not even take a moment for me to snatch up a bag of Trader Joe's Gummy Tummies whilst heading towards the checkout lane at Trader Joe's.

The adorable gummies come in three flavors: cherry, lime and strawberry. Unlike most gummies, instead of the entire gummy being flavored, they come in a standard flavor and then have an oozing gel that leaks out as you bite into them, somewhat reminiscent of those Gushers fruit snacks that those in my generation often ate as a child.

The bag of gummies only cost $1.99, which is cheaper than even the standard grocery store varieties (but without the preservatives and artificial flavors), so I did not have the highest hopes for them. So after tasting one of each flavor, I was more than pleasantly surprised. I'm the sort of person who will only like a few flavors in a bag of candy, and obsessively pull out the other flavors to leave for someone else. Not only did I not do this with any of three flavors, I also didn't have a standout favorite, they were all equally good.

Although these do not meet my highest standards (I would still opt for a bag of authentic European Haribo gummies if given the choice), I will definitely buy these next time I go to Trader Joe's. And considering that the bag comes with about 35 rather large gummies, this bag will easily last me at least 7 gummy cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment